Addresses SSF, VFD
2018 Gutters Project
The developer did not install gutters in the front or back of the townhomes. The missing gutters in front are negatively affecting our landscaping and the missing gutters in back allow rain to pour on us as we walk in/out of our garage door and breezeway. A gutter vendor has been selected, the project will begin shortly, check back for updates.
2018 Painting Project
The townhomes were last painted in Jan 2012 after the stucco was repaired by the developer. Jan 2019 will mark the 7 year anniversary which was the target for the next round of painting. The current plan is to start the painting project in Nov 2018, using high quality paint to last 8 years. The Budget has been carefully planned by the Board so that the reserves will have enough money to cover painting in both 2018 and 2026 without having to raise the HOA fees.
2018 Landscaping News
- The trees were trimmed and storm hangers removed. The Board negotiated a bulk rate with the tree vendor in conjunction with the Master to save about $2,000 for Phase 1 and about $4,000 for the Master.
- A 5 day leaf project was completed Mar 03. 180 50 lb bags of leaves were removed from Phase 1! The Board received multiple bids and negotiated a $1600 savings with the leaf vendor.
2017 Landscaping Upgrade Project
The landscaping upgrades have been completed. This has shown a huge improvement! However, our landscaping was in such bad shape that simply showing improvement is not enough. There were several areas that were not executed as well as could be, and will be addressed in the spring.
- The new sod is dong well in most cases.
- The old sod is not. Both the landscaping account manager and the lead irrigation technician have been replaced in an effort to improve results going forward.
- 2018 UPDATE: Sod will be inspected late March and replaced in April.
- 1 gallon plants
- Purchasing 1 gallon plants instead of 3 gallon saved about $5,000. However in hindsight the extra cost may have been worth it since the smaller plants have been fragile in some areas. The new landscaping team will give the smaller plants some extra TLC in the coming months. In the spring we will reevaluate some of the struggling plants and either replace with 3 gallon or with sod.
- 2018 UPDATE: About 50 of the 1 gallon plants have been replaced with 3 gallon. Please report any issues to the CAM.
- Most of the mulch has washed away, partly due to the hurricane but mainly due to the missing gutters. We need to investigate installing gutters in the front of the building. We will never have good solid mulch until the gutter issue is addressed.
- 2018 UPDATE: Gutter proposals are being evaluated, mulch will follow.
- The new loropetalum have not done well in spite of being 3 gallon. Perhaps too much shade, perhaps too much water from missing gutters, not enough TLC or combination of all. This plant was chosen because of its color and it was an existing plant so there was no indication that the results were going to be this poor.
- 2018 UPDATE: 176 viburnum have been planted to replace the loropetalum. Please report any issues to the CAM.
2017 Paver Project
The paver project is finally complete. It was slower and more painful than anticipated, however the finished product is well worth it. It may not have been delivered on time, but it was delivered on budget which was the main focus.