Addresses SSF, VFD
The developer did not install gutters in the front or back of the townhomes. The missing gutters in front are negatively affecting our landscaping and the missing gutters in back allow rain to pour on us as we walk in/out of our garage door and breezeway. We will be getting several proposals and quotes to install gutters.
2017 Landscaping Upgrades
The landscaping upgrades have been completed. This has shown a huge improvement! However, our landscaping was in such bad shape that simply showing improvement is not enough. There were several areas that were not executed as well as could be, and will be addressed in the spring.
- The new sod is dong well in most cases.
- The old sod is not. Both the landscaping account manager and the lead irrigation technician have been replaced in an effort to improve results going forward.
- 1 gallon plants
- Purchasing 1 gallon plants instead of 3 gallon saved about $5,000. However in hindsight the extra cost may have been worth it since the smaller plants have been fragile in some areas. The new landscaping team will give the smaller plants some extra TLC in the coming months. In the spring we will reevaluate some of the struggling plants and either replace with 3 gallon or with sod.
- Most of the mulch has washed away, partly due to the hurricane but mainly due to the missing gutters. We need to investigate installing gutters in the front of the building. We will never have good solid mulch until the gutter issue is addressed.
- The new loropetalum have not done well in spite of being 3 gallon. Perhaps too much shade, perhaps too much water from missing gutters, not enough TLC or combination of all. This plant was chosen because of its color and it was an existing plant so there was no indication that the results were going to be this poor. The viburnum would do well but we have too many green plants already. We will consider alternative plants/colors in the spring.
2017 Paver Project
The paver project is finally complete. It was slower and more painful than anticipated, however the finished product is well worth it. It may not have been delivered on time, but it was delivered on budget which was the main focus.